There is an incredible undiscovered world hidden beneath translations of Scripture that most Bible readers don’t see. The Discovery Bible works with existing English translations to help uncover the richness of the original languages that is missed in the translation process…
There is much more in God’s word waiting to be discovered as the Holy Spirit illuminates the original text.
Like switching from an old black-and-white TV to a full color, high-definition one. You can see the shades, colors and depths of His word leap from the pages of scripture. By the grace of God, you will always see more in The Discovery Bible than in any Bible translation, because it opens up the text itself – the languages of the sacred originals – to anyone who is ready for more light from God’s word.
You will be able to read the Bible like a Bible translator from Day One, through Greek and Hebrew eyes, without first having to spend many years memorizing the original languages. Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift (2 Cor 9:15)! Glory to God in the highest (Lk 2:14)! Hallelujah!
Our heart is best reflected in this verse, “I have absolutely no greater joy than these things, so that I can constantly hear of my children walking in the truth.” (3 Jn 1:4, original emphasis in bold) — …the fuller truth (Jn 16:13). We are very excited to serve you by enabling you to open up more in God’s word.
[Watch a 15-min summary or read a personal letter from Dr. Gary Hill.]
it represents the thoughts and exegetical methods of the late Dr. Gleason Archer of TEDS1 at Deerfield. It also incorporates 1,000 Bible reference works made accessible to the mission field…
Here is why TDB is needed if someone should ask2:
- It fulfills the teaching-leg of the Great Commission through a next-step Bible reading experience by instantly making tens of thousands of Greek and Hebrew insights available to every reader.
- It is very practical and users never need to learn the Hebrew or Greek alphabet – nor memorize a Hebrew or Greek word.
- The Bible information base is integrated, quite extensive, and built on traditional historical/grammatical rails to significantly speed up and enhance the quality of translation efforts in other languages with an essentially literal translation approach.
- The vast digital arsenal of The Discovery Bible materials, including its thousands of Bible teaching graphics, can be delivered and adapted to resource mission agencies and equip Christian workers. Freely we have received, freely we give.
- We are blessed to have trained staff standing by to give immediate priority to the joyful task of preparing the bride of Christ and presenting her in all her glory at the return of Christ.
Much of the nuance of Scripture is easily missed without some understanding of the original languages, but people no longer need to memorize Greek and Hebrew to have a functional understanding of those original languages.
Our hope is to facilitate next-step Bible reading clinics (see pdf outline) in collaboration with elders in local churches who have a vision to train other elders from within who are committed to what has abiding significance in the Body of Christ. As you know, there is a global shortage of teaching-elders in local churches who are trained to feed the flock (the people of God) according to John 21:15-17. God’s people in turn should be equipped to multiply as disciple-makers of all the nations by teaching one another from the Scriptures all that our Lord Jesus has commanded us in the power of the Holy Spirit ((Mt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, 1 Thess 1:5, 2 Tim 2:2))!
In sum, TDB provides opportunity for high-quality discipleship, which powerfully opens up the Scriptures to encourage the priesthood of all believers to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord in disciple-making, elders-training, and outreach.
Dr. Gary Hill wrote several months ago…
We are facing very solemn and sober days in the church, especially given the trends of the last two decades. It is imperative that we are fully-dimensioned and not naïve in how we approach the great task of preaching, teaching, and doctrine. So many things have happened, rendering the global church unprepared for the great harvest and return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Let us encourage one another to stand strong in the Lord and the power of His might, full of compassion yet minus compromise.
Our part in His Great Commission is to reach out to many Bible readers across the world through a next-step Bible reading tool that prepares the bride of Christ for the marriage supper of the Lamb (Rev 19:7-9)! Our hearts are joined with you and burning to make disciples of all nations through the teaching-leg of the Great Commission. Words cannot express how much we appreciate the opportunity to unite the Body of Christ as “Timothys multiply Timothys”3 using this tool.